Abertillery Cycling Club Badge.
Abertillery Cycling Club badge, circa 1890-1900.
The club was formed in June 1890 at Wilkins Coffee Tavern, Somerset Street, Abertillery. The cycling club changed its name to the Abertillery Wheelers Club in about 1900. There were many other smaller clubs that were formed in the Abertillery district at that time, but long since disbanded.
In the mid 1940’s the Abertillery and District Wheelers Cycling Club was formed and papers from that time states that they held a meeting at the Ambulance Hall, Six Bells, Abertillery, Monmouthshire.
Size – 2″ x 1″ inches.
Out Of The Blue Artifacts A Library of a lifetime of collecting
