Beynon’s Colliery

Beynon’s Colliery Pit Head Baths

Beynon’s Colliery Pit Head Baths. The Baths were officially opened on Saturday 25th March 1933. The Baths was constructed under the Miners Welfare Scheme at the Beynon’s Colliery, Blaina at a cost of £15,000 and were officially opened by Sir John W. Beynon, Bart, C.B.E. Chairman of the Ebbw Vale Steel, Iron and Coal Co Ltd, in the presence of ... Read More »

Beynons Colliery Blaina – A Brief History

Beynons Colliery – Blaina In early 1920s the collieries of Blaina that had been previously owned by the Messrs J. Lancaster Co had not mined coal West of the River. The company needed a new mine capable of retrieving the coal from that side. In 1920 Mr Jenkyn Williams M.E. submitted a scheme for the sinking of a new pit ... Read More »

error: Content is protected !!