This coal level was more than probably originally worked for the Gilfach Farm personal use. The colliery is featured on the 1843 map of the coalfield as being in production and has a tramway to the main railway in Six Bells.
In 1908 it was listed as being owned by Mr E. Davies of Gilfach Farm, Six Bells and employing just one man.
In 1923 it was owned by W. J. Davies & Co, Woodview, Cwmnantygroes, Six Bells, Abertillery and employing two men.
It was not listed in 1938.