Hendre Gwyndir – New Red Ash Level.
This coal level became the New Red Ash Level. It was more than probably named after the Hendre Gwyndir (spelt in many different ways) farm that was close by. It was driven into the north eastern side of the top end of the Cwmtillery valley just above where the reservoir is today, it was part of the Cwmtillery Red Ash Colliery Levels and became the New Red Ash Colliery.
The National Coal Board.
In 1947 upon nationalisation the Hendre Gwyndre Level was owned by the Lancaster Co. It was under the control of the National Coal Board.
The Tram Route.
The tramway route was down to where the Reservoir House is today, down parallel with the road past the lakes, Lake Villa and into the Cwmtillery Colliery for transport by rail.