Messrs Richard Johnson, Clapham and Morris – Miners Lamp.
This miners safety flame lamp with an exposed gauze was manufactured by Messrs Richard Johnson, Clapham and Morris in about 1914.
Made from iron, brass and copper. Size 9″ x 3″ inches.
Messrs Richard Johnson, Clapham and Morris.
Messrs Richard Johnson, Clapham and Morris were founded in 1814. The company originally manufactured reinforced brickwork and were listed as being at 24 Lever Street, Manchester.
The company moved to 27 Dale Street, Manchester.
In 1886 they were listed as being at Lever Street Warehouse at Stevenson’s Square.
In 1891 they became a public company.
In 1912 Johnson’s works were at Newton Heath, Manchester.
Miners Safety Lamps.
In 1914 the company were manufacturers of general hardware, galvanised wire netting, wrought iron tubes, cast iron pipes, tinned sheets, and miners safety lamps among other iron mongery.
In the 1930’s the company were advertised as being at Jacem House, Trafford Park, Manchester.