Mr Henry Edwards – Viaduct Tavern Crumlin.
Mr Henry Edwards – Aerated Mineral Water Bottle Viaduct Tavern Crumlin. This is a Dobson patent, double dimple design.
Made of glass. Size 7 1/2″ x 2 1/4″ inches.
Mr Henry Edwards.
Mr Henry Edwards married Miss Mary Ann Ricketts of Newbridge in 1883. Miss Mary Ann Ricketts born 1859, was the daughter of Charles and Margaret Ricketts of the Newbridge Inn. They later became licensees of the Crumlin Viaduct Tavern.
The Death of Mr Charles Ricketts Senior.
In August 1886 Mr Charles Ricketts senior died and his executors leased the Viaduct Tavern to his son-in-law Mr Henry Edwards (as above). In 1887 Mrs Mary Anne Edwards Henry’s wife was the licensee. Both Henry and Mary Ann had their own stoneware transfer print bottles manufactured with – H. Edwards and M. A. Edwards, ale & porter Crumlin. Messrs Edwards of Crumlin also manufactured aerated water which they supplied in glass Dobson patent Codd bottles, these bottles also had a pictorial of the Viaduct at Crumlin embossed into the glass.
Messrs Webb’s Aberbeeg.
In 1895 Messrs Webb’s of Aberbeeg were the owners of the Viaduct Tavern and Mrs Mary Anne Edwards remained licensee.
Mr John Charles Edwards.
In the 1900’s Messrs Webb’s of Aberbeeg were still listed as owners, Mr John Charles Edwards was licensee and the trustees were the Llanover Estate, under Lyne & Co.
Mr Thomas Jas. Bacon.
In 1912 Mr Thomas Jas. Bacon was licensee, Messrs Webb’s was listed as owners and the trustees were the Llanover Estate.